Kommandeering Developers Everywhere

Monday, July 03, 2006

Less than 2 weeks

I'm starting to get nervous about my upcoming triathlon for some reason.

I've put in months and months of training, but I may be on the verge of overtraining and my body hasn't been performing well as of late. What's worse, rest only seems to make me tired and stiff and set me back more. I guess I just force through it all at this point. In other words, there isn't a clear "taper phase" plan of action for me yet.

Is it ever a good sign when you plan to do your first trial open water swim at the triathlon site and the same day someone drowns in the lake? No, I didn't think so either.

But, being the brave/stupid soul that I am, I did go with another participant and swim at ground zero this weekend, and I biked the course this morning.

Like an Escher drawing, I agree that I finish biking where I start, but the entire course seems uphill. Hmm...maybe this is the route my parents walked to school every morning that they tell me about?

The biggest variable will of course be the weather; last year it was 95 F, sunny and humid. I'm hoping for Mother Nature to behave a bit more this year.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home