Kommandeering Developers Everywhere

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

T60: It's my fault

I owe a public apology to Sebas.

In a bizarre turn of events: I apparently ordered nearly the exact same laptop as Sebas at the exact same time, with no discussion whatsoever on the topic. How weird/reassuring is that? However, he did beat me to the punch on blogging about it.

Why the apology? Although I have no proof whatsoever, I have a suspicion that both ATI and IBM were waiting to learn of my laptop decision before springing into action on supported drivers. Well, with an anticipated delivery date of April 14, I now have the following message:

[message]
Attention ATI and IBM: I, Wade Olson, have joined Sebas in a decision to purchase your respective products. You now have no reason to delay in the dramatic improvement and release of video drivers.

ATI, if IBM has not shared my purchase order with you yet (although with IBM's promise of real-time SOA web services data transfer, I'm sure you've received it by now): My new machine will have a 64MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1300. You have roughly 5 weeks to keep me from simply having an extremely expensive VESA display.

Already with 2/3 members of the MWG involved, do we really need to make the T60 the official laptop of the MWG to get some movement here? I hope they avoid the embarrassment of getting the final member involved.

Sure, you can take the easy way out and have Zack and Co. bail you out, but don't you want to Do the Right Thing (tm) here? 5 weeks and you're on the clock. 3 weeks if I start to sweat it and go the Vaio route to get Nvidia support.
[/message]

Sorry Sebas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home